Hitting the gym for only a cardio workout may not be convenient for most people. This is why the search for the best rowing machine for apartments is increasing daily.
But how do you make the right choice?
Undoubtedly, every rowing machine for an apartment must be foldable, and compact. Also, the rowing machine must be noiseless—A noisy machine can disturb the condo. It is not difficult to detect a noisy rowing machine, but it won’t be easy to see when buying online.
If you are buying from online marketplaces like Amazon, you will need to take your time to check different machines. Anyway, you don’t need to waste your time on that. As a fitness expert, I have tested and evaluated various rowing machines to help you find the best fit for your apartment.
In this article, I will review and compare the top rowing machines based on user experience, performance metrics, design choices, and other key factors.
I will also provide information on the machines performance in various categories, such as resistance levels, noise levels, and ease of assembly.
Incase any of my recommendations here is not available at the moment, you have six options to choose from—so check another.
6 best rowing machine for apartment
6 Best Rowing Machine for Apartment
Here’s a list that will help you find the best rower for your home easily;
1. Echelon smart rowing machine
A top high-quality rowing machine perfectly fit your apartment. I call it a ‘’no disturbance, less space rowing machine’’ because it is quiet and foldable. You don’t have to worry about disturbing other house members with your workout session. Also, you don’t have to take up the whole space since you can always fold it. Besides, it has a portable dimension of 20.47″D x 84.65″W x 43.7″H.
Echelon smart rowing machine has exciting features that make your workout session enjoyable and motivating. You can subscribe to the Echelon membership plan, which gives you access to 3,000 live and on-demand connected fitness classes led by the world’s best instructors through the Echelon Fit App. With this membership plan, you can access the best music for your workout session. Interestingly, the membership plan is free in the first month of the product purchase.
This rowing machine has hundreds of good reviews and is 4.5-star rated on amazon. So, if you are looking for the best rowing machine in your home, consider checking out the echelon smart rowing machine. Let’s see the pros and cons of the rowing machine below;
Pros of Echelon Smart Rowing Machine
- It has a fitness app that offers unlimited fitness classes like rowing, cycling, running, HIIT, kickboxing, yoga, pilates, and more. It is free for your first month.
- You can choose not to subscribe to the fitness app—not mandatory.
- It is quiet—you can have your workout disturbing other home members.
- It doesn’t take up space, and its moveable. This can be attributed to the fact that it is foldable.
- It has a device holder that swivels 90° and flips 180° for off-row workouts.
- It has a 100% money-back guarantee plus customer support.
Cons of Echelon Smart Rowing Machine
- After you’ve exhausted your free trial, you pay $35 per month for the echelons apps membership.
- It only has a year warranty as some customers demand more.
2. Mercy foldable 8-level magnetic rowing machine
Marcy Foldable Rowing Machine is another rowing fit for an apartment. It is portable, noiseless, and foldable. With its transport wheels, you can move the machine to your desired location in the home. Aside from being compatible with apartments, it has loads of features that make your rowing session more productive.
Its LCD panel displays essential information like time, date, and the number of calories burnt during your workout. It has up to eight resistance settings that allow you to get the most out of your workout sessions. You’ll also find other unique features that aid convenience while rowing—the foam-covered row handles, comfortable pedal system, and foldable design.
Users of this rowing machine have a lot of good things to say about it. Even the big guys commended it for being durable and reliable.
Pros of Marcy Foldable Rowing Machine
- It saves your space with its foldable design.
- You can track your workout progress with LCD technology.
- You get comfort even while exercising.
- It can carry up to 300 lb capacity.
- It can add to your apartment’s beauty.
- It is affordable
Cons of Marcy Foldable Rowing Machine
- Some people may find it challenging to assemble.
3. Stamina rowing exercise machine
If you dont have a dedicated workout space and are looking for a rowing machine that fits into any room, then you are probably searching for a Stamina Rowing exercise machine. This rowing machine has the expected qualities for a rowing machine for an apartment—superficial, noiseless, beautiful, and high weight carrying capacity.
The stamina rowing exercise machine is proudly supported by muuv—an audio coaching app that assists your training and makes your workout session more fun. The good thing about muuv is that it personalizes your workouts according to you and the machine you own. You’ll find this app on Google PlayStore and Apple App Store.
When it comes to features, you’ll love this rowing machine for its sturdy steel construction, which makes it strong enough to carry up to 250 lb capacity. It also has five levels of smooth resistance which can be controlled by adjusting the resistance pin. The LCD monitor displays your workout time, distance, and calories burned. You’ll find more unique features as you use this rowing machine.
Pros of Stamina Rowing Exercise Machine
- It is affordable.
- It is less complicated and easy to assemble.
- You will get virtual training assistance with the muuv support/
- It is durable and requires less maintenance because of its sturdy structure
- You can track your sessions with the LCD monitor.
- You can save space since it has a standing frame.
Cons of Stamina Rowing Exercise Machine
- Some people may find its resistance too high.
4. XTERRA fitness ERG200 folding magnetic rower
This is a supper quiet rowing machine.
XTERRA fitness rowing machine has many features that make it durable and maintenance-free. It can accommodate up to 250 lb capacity.
Like other rowing machines mentioned here, this machine has an LCD console that displays time, calorie count, odometer, and more.
Your quest for comfort while working out is also satisfied with the ergonomically molded cushion and the raised seat height.
“The foot paddles squeak occasionally; otherwise, it’s not that loud. I balance my phone under the control panel and watch Netflix while rowing. My phone speaker is more than enough!” a happy customer said.
Other customers praise it for being easy to use, easy to assemble, and its sturdiness.
It has a 4.3-star rating on Amazon, which shows that it is actually a very good rower you can purchase for home usage.
Pros of XTERRA fitness rowing machine
- It is durable since it’s made of a solid steel frame
- It is maintenance free
- Up to levels of magnetic resistance
- It affordable
- It is noiseless and foldable
Cons of XTERRA fitness rowing machine
- Not strong enough to carry up to 300 lb capacity
5. SNODE water rowing machine
This is a unique kind of rowing machine for apartments. It is quiet and a space saver as you can fold up, move it quickly, and keep it against the wall. It is equipped with the technologies that make your rowing experience smooth. As its name implies, it uses water resistance as its mode of operation.
Snode Rowing Machine makes you feel like you’re working out on the water. With its adjustable LCD monitor, you can track time, distance, speed, and time. It also has a personalized rowing app that assists your training, thus making you work out even without a gym instructor.
Regarding durability and strength, this rowing machine can carry up to 300 lb capacity.
Pros of Snode Water Rowing Machine
- It is easy to assemble.
- It saves space, and it’s quiet.
- You’ll have 12 months of free shipping for all the replacements.
- You can track your workout with the equipped technology.
Cons of Snode Water Rowing Machine
- It can only carry up to 250 lb capacity.
6. DripeX magnetic rowing machine
If you own a home gym or need a rowing machine for your apartment, consider the DripEx Magnetic Rowing Machine. This rowing machine has the most level of resistance on this list. With its 15-level adjustable resistance, you can get the most out of your workout.
The rowing machine will complement your apartment’s beauty with its ergonomic beauty. It is durable and can be used at home and in the gym. Its numerous features include a non-slip handlebar, an adaptable monitor holder, a unique shock absorber, and lots more.
Most customers of this product admitted that they got value for their money. You’ll definitely love this rowing machine for your apartment.
Pros of DripEx Magnetic Rowing Machine
- It is durable and robust.
- It creates room for gradual growth with its many resistance levels.
- The shock absorber helps to reduce pressure and distribute impact
- Smooth rowing experience.
- Smart display
Cons of DripEx Magnetic Rowing Machine
- It may not be able to carry up to 300 lb capacity.
Are home rowers worth it?
A home rower has many benefits. People who have rowing machines in their homes don’t need a gym to get their desired body image. You stay in your comfort zone and achieve your aim
What type of rowing machine is best for home use?
A magnetic rowing machine tends to be the best rowing machine for home use. However, many water resistance rowers are highly suitable for home use.
Can you use a rowing machine in an apartment?
Yes. Using rowing machines is even more comfortable than in other places like the gym. Most people prefer using rowers in their apartments rather than in the gym.
The above rowing machines are the best rowing machines for apartment. However, due to the high purchase of those products, they may be out of stock anytime.
If you need any of them, you should not wait until they are no longer available. Although they can’t be out of stock all at once. if one is not available, check another.
Do you know other best rowing machine for apartment? Share them here